So you’re thinking of selling your unwanted car to a junkyard; that’s great! Junkyards specialise in buying abandoned vehicles from their previous owners, regardless of their condition. You can easily earn a few thousand dollars by doing so, plus you’ll be able to free up some space in your garage! But first, what should you know about these types of vehicles?
Some Essential Things To Know About Unwanted Cars:
- What Are Abandoned Or Unwanted Vehicles?
Generally, abandoned vehicles are those that have become useless on the road and sometimes illegally dumped in the environment. However, depending on where you live, these cars may also be defined as:
- Cars without registration plates or two or more wheels that have been left unattended on public property for more than 24 hours
- Cars that have been unlawfully parked on private property for more than 24 hours without the consent of the property owner
- Cars that have been legally impounded by order of the authorities and not been reclaimed for at least ten days
- Cars parked on the highway and determined by authorities to be a hazard to other vehicle traffic
- Cars that have been impounded and whose owners have not paid the necessary fees
- Why Should You Junk Your Unwanted Vehicles?
You must have several reasons why you’ve decided to no longer “want” the vehicle, and holding on to it is feeling more like an obligation day-by-day. However, if you’ve already made up your mind, junking should be done as soon as possible.
Keeping a junk car on your property is not a safe idea. These worn-down vehicles tend to leak more fluid than necessary, polluting your surroundings and endangering your health. You might even get into legal troubles by keeping it in your neighbourhood.
In addition, junk cars tend to rust more quickly due to unused. Rather than being an aesthetic issue, rusting problems can also lead your vehicle’s frame to corrode and ultimately become less valuable.
But that’s not all. Unwanted vehicles are also more prone to infestation. And if you don’t want to have rodents and cockroaches as your neighbours, your most reliable option would be to junk it immediately.
- The Importance Of Selling Your Unwanted Vehicle To A Junkyard
Don’t let the name fool you. Junkyards are more than just overfilled storage areas for scrappy old cars. In fact, these places are heavily regulated, ran by experts who know exactly how to take care of a car.
At a junkyard, unwanted cars are dismantled and recycled for a much bigger purpose. For instance, here at Omega Cash for Cars, we will remove your junk vehicle in exchange for the best prices in all of Sydney!
Our services are nothing but high-quality, and we also offer free towing and instant quotes for your convenience. Just give us a call at 0401234711, and we’ll handle the rest!