Vehicle inspections are more than just a way to ensure the safety of your car. They’re also mandated by the government, allowing you to apply for registration once you’ve passed the test. However, the process for junk cars might slightly differ!
How Are Vehicles Inspected In New South Wales?
In NSW, vehicles five years and older must undergo an e-Safety Check before registration renewal or transfer of ownership. This includes passenger cars, motorcycles, trailers and caravans, and vehicles used to provide point-to-point transport.
Generally, a qualified mechanic will be around to perform the inspection, checking everything from your car’s tyres, steering wheel, brakes, and lights to its seats and windscreen.
These safety checks are necessary for your peace of mind, ensuring that you, your family, and your vehicle do not pose a threat to other motorists. In addition, it can alert you to any necessary repairs you must conduct before a long road trip.
In fact, if you manage to fail the test, you’ll be given up to 14 days to make the necessary repairs. Then, you can proceed to undergo the inspection again and register your vehicle.
However, that’s only when your vehicle passes the safety check in second go. So what happens if the car is deemed unroadworthy no matter how many repairs you conduct?
In this case, your vehicle might be classified as a junk car. Some tell-tale signs it’s no longer worth keeping are:
- Old age
- Serious damage and deterioration
- Missing parts such as the transmission system, tyres, or engine
- Low resale worth
- Missing licence or registration documents
Getting your junk car inspected
If your vehicle is now considered junk, a trusted removal company would be the best place to have it inspected. Unlike safety checks, this examination is conducted to determine the worth of your vehicle, allowing you to sell it at a reasonable price.
For instance, here at Omega Cash for Cars, we use the following criteria to estimate your final quote:
- Your car’s make, model, and year
- Your vehicle’s overall condition
- The current prices of scrap metal, including steel, aluminium, magnesium, iron, and titanium
- The demand for parts such as engines, transmission systems, wheels and tyres, and lights
So, how can you avail of our vehicle inspection and other services? Just follow the steps below:
- Call Omega Cash for Cars at 0401234711 or visit our website.
- Provide your vehicle’s details, as well as your contact information.
- Get an instant cash offer of up to $9000, depending on your car’s condition.
- Schedule your pick-up on the same day or provide the most convenient time and location.
- Wait for our technicians to arrive and inspect your vehicle.
- Collect your payment.
Doesn’t it sound simple? You don’t even have to worry about any paperwork! Call Omega Cash for Cars now and get rid of your junk car.